Thursday, April 3, 2008

What a Birthday

April Fool's Day... who could have guessed it
could be this fun ... no joking!!
Aren't these absolutely beautiful?!?!
I started off my day (April 1st, yes I am an April Fool baby) with a phone call from my father-in-law who sang the entire bday song before 7 a.m., a second call from my MIL, a third call from my precious 3 year old niece who said "Aunt Shannon, Do you know there is a giraffe in my yard???" Oh, my brother never lets a birthday wish come before a good ole April Fool joke! I then got emails and more calls from my precious parents, college roommate, friends ... absolutely loved is what I felt!!
Then, the flowers arrived!! Wow ... no wonder I call him Superman!
And then ... dinner plans for my girlfriends and their hubbies all with babysitters (that's right, no kiddos) at a fancy new Mexican place ... forgot the name ... all planned by the hubby :). I laughed until I cried, relaxed, smiled, hugged, ate a lot, and truly spent the evening in my favorite way ... sharing time with my sweet friends.
Thank you so, so much for making my day so special!
I am unworthy ... but was happy to be a part!!!!

2 comments:

terri said...

I enjoy reading about y'all too! Blogging is a fun thing. :)
And a late Happy Birthday to you!!! Looks like you had a fun one.

Christa Hagler said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you have a great time!