Tuesday, April 22, 2008

American Idol

OK ... I am admitting something first ... Chris and I vote for our Aggie, Jason Castro, every week. I know, I know, an Aggie with dreadlocks, but we just love the idea of an Aggie being the Idol! All of that said, right now I am so dissappointed with him. Something many people may not know about me is my love for music, theater ... Broadway ... love this Andrew Lloyd Weber music tonight and Jason said on live TV that he did not know "that a cat sang this song". I was crushed ... I remember sitting on the third row in NYC watching the beautiful matriarch cat belt out this song (Memories) and crying! Jason, Jason ... not knowing it was from Cats, singing a song that was created for a big voice, singing a song that was written for an elderly female cat... I am just sad right now ... but as I was typing Brooke sang and had to start over ... maybe there is hope for you Jason. My hubby said he is going to have to sympathy vote at least 8 times tonight for our Aggie!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Voted 8 times. Not because he needed it, but because it truly was that good! Gig'em Castro

Anonymous said...

Come on Ags, Castro is our best chance for a championship this year!

Shannon said...

Oh, you know he NEEDED your votes! I mean who does not know that Memories was from Cats?!?! Oh, what's that, hubby? You did not know either!!!! I just hope he does not lose so we don't have to hear it again tomorrow night!

Marissa said...

I also could not believe that he didn't know where it came from. I'll never forget seeing that old, ragged cat singing her heart out just as we call on our God. So, goodbye Jason!! Sorry guys, I'm all for David Cook!!

Kalen said...

Ok, I have not SEEN Cats and I know that the song is from Cats. (I know, I don't know why I have never seen it??) I can't think of all of their names (Margo could tell me), but I thought JC Superstar girl did great last night! And the first gal is definitely fit for Broadway. I was so glad the last dude did not change his song--very smart on his part. Nobody but the first girl really felt (and sang) the songs. But, I am like you I love ALWeber and was glad to see them have him on the show.

Who knew Paula was loggin' in to your blog?! We all have an opinion. I don't know how much more Aggie dreadlocks is hanging in there. ;)

Kthed said...

I didn't know Castro was an AGGIE?? I knew he was from Texas... I'm still a Syesha fan & would buy her album TOMORROW... but think David Cook might win!

Fun With Five said...

Okay, not a HUGE fan of Castro...like him but-but don't LOVE him. However I do LOVE ALWeber! My fav is Phantom! OOOOH...I too remember sitting in NYC with my dad and bawling like a baby at the end of Phantom! We both got so caught up that my dad forked over $50 bucks for a poster they were selling in the foyer of the auditorium on our way out! SUCKERS-yes we were! Anyway, glad for you Ags that your man made it through! :)

terri said...

I'm just glad he was safe. He's still my MOST favorite, even though he had a tough week.
And for the 8 votes. Uh-huh. Aggies must stick together. :)

The Sigmon Family said...

Ok, if you listen to poor Jason talk, it's obvious he is not the brightest bulb. Cook, though...... he's the winner.

Unknown said...

Hey Shannon!
I got to your blog from the Germany's. I have to disagree with your Idol choice.....but it WAS fun catching up on your family. :)
Melissa Ford