Monday, April 14, 2008

Mexico Monday


Ok ... I am totally "stealing" this idea ... thanks, Christa. I am going to try and have a Mexico Monday for the next 7 Mondays as my family and lots of others prepare to take a short term mission trip to a children's orphange in Matamoras, Mexico. This year I am organizing the Art rotation and my hubby is organizing a Recreation rotation for the VBS groups within the orphanage. We absolutely loved going on this trip last summer and my boys are getting excited after spending some time with some "Mexico buddies" last Saturday night as we were preparing.
My prayers for this week are:
for our trip to glorify God in all aspects
for me to think of the right art activities for each lesson (age appropriate, inexpensive, meaningful)
for our leader who is writing the curriculum this year,
for the moms of young kids who are beginning to get nervous and say "what was I thinking???"

This was a fast post ... I'll let you know more of the incredible plans for the trip next week! Thanks for joining my family in prayer.

3 comments:

Christa Hagler said...

This makes me smile! The more people praying the better and it very likely will prompt me to pray for things I might not think about otherwise. Looking forward to getting to know you and your family better.

Stacey said...

Prayerfully there with you guys and the Mexico mission!! Would love to help you with some art lessons, Shannon. I have some good books...I will bring them on Wednesday :-)--stac

Fun With Five said...

wishing we were joining you in person on this mission, but not to be this year...we'll be joining with the Foster's in prayer for you and everyone else, and looking forward to hearing what God is going to do! :)