Monday, April 21, 2008

Mexico Monday -- No Worries!

This week our team has been finalizing the details of the carnival we will have at the orphanage the second night we are there. With so many families going this year I think our little carnival will be awesome!! We have field goals, face painting, cake walks, balloon launching, bounce house, snow cones, cotton candy, and tons of booths ... exciting! That night is the first true interaction we will have with the kids so my prayer for this week is for the carnival night.

I would love to see the American kiddos and the orphans connect at the carnival... a blessing for us last year was that my boys each found a friend to play with during the week (Ernesto and Caleb, Josue and Josh) on that night. This "connected" them for the week even though they did not speak a word of each other's language. I pray that each child simply has fun, can feel God's love through us, and can feel comfortable to relax. I truly cannot even begin to comprehend what terrible things these chldren have been through at such a young age ... to experience freedom in Christ must be a huge challenge! Please pray along with me that they find the freedom, safety among us to have a fun-filled evening with no worries!! I am praying for ear-piercing laughter to ring throughout the night!!

2 comments:

Christa Hagler said...

LOVE THIS POST!!!!! I am joining you in praying for ear peircing laughter. Getting more excited every week.
BTW, I linked to this post from mine.

Christa Hagler said...

I think that Trace is going to help with some other people to get the class set up. From what I know it will be at Grace and will be this Fall, but there was some talk about moving it to the Spring. I think they are going to try to meet in the next few weeks and they will hopefully decide. I will let you know what I hear. I would love it if you guys took it!!! I have heard it is life changing.