Monday, April 7, 2008

Opening Day of Baseball Season

Opening Day of the season was Saturday.
Here is Caleb...



next, Josh on the pitcher's mound...




The boys did not let us down (not that they could) ... Josh played pitcher and first base for the Rangers tball team and knocked the ball all the way to the outfield! Caleb went 3 for 3 with a couple of singles and a triple for the Orioles. He played second base and his team won 15-8. We all got sunburns ... yes, even Kate :(. Several people approached me during the first game (before I had applied the sunscreen) and asked "Did you put sunscreen on that girl?" To which I proudly lied "Of course". It just rolled off my tongue; I mean what dumb mom wouldn't put sunscreen on her children who were going to be baking in the sun from 12:30 - 4:30?!?! I ran home in between games and slathered her up ... then, went out to bake some more and no longer fib about it!!! Anyway, I digressed from my topic, baseball. Why I love it ... the feeling when your child smacks the ball is downright exhilirating, the sno-cones and Big League chewing gum, the comfort of having my entire family all doing the same thing at the same time, watching Kate stay in her stroller for 2 whole games and actually cheer her brothers on -whew (we will save the number of sno-cones, suckers, smarties, etc. she had for another blog), being outside at night, and more! Take me out to the ballgame ...

1 comment:

Fun With Five said...

What a fun day...and beautiful too! We are blessed!