Monday, May 26, 2008

We are family ...

We spent Saturday afternoon and evening at the lakehouse! The kids love, love, love seeing their cousins. I have a range of first cousins from 8th grade - 48 years old ... really ... just my dad's brothers/sisters kids. Then we have second cousins galore (most of my first cousins now have at least a couple of kids) ... and then my brother's children were there (my kid's first cousins) and well, it makes for a complicated mix, but-oh-so fun and so amazingly close. We laugh and laugh together. We all put on our swimsuits and actually lay out on rafts together ...no comments about how much weight we need to lose and we just laugh when it takes someone ten tries to finally get on the raft. We stay up very late and talk and laugh until we cry. The conversations range from funny jokes to what God is doing in your life right now ... I think and perhaps I am biased that we could be a perfect family! And let me reassure you that we have difficulties of every sort (children born out of wedlock, downs syndrome in a first and second cousin, divorce, death of a first cousin and uncle -both tragic, cancer and chemo, and I could go on) but we stick together and pray diligently for one another and somehow I believe God has taken this crazy-messed-up group of people and allowed us an opportunity to glorify Him through our relationships with each other. We live, laugh and love well!! I love my days with my extended family ... thanks Mom and Dad for being willing to open your lakehouse to so many people and for all of your cooking, Mom!
Josh by the boat

Caleb and cousin

Kate loves the front yard swing

to family, laughter, and the lake ...

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: