Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Go back to bed????

This morning as I pulled backwards out of my driveway at 5:40 a.m. I heard and felt a crash all at once ... oh no, oh no I ran into Chris's truck! I jumped out in the rain and looked ... yep, damage! I ran inside and quietly told my husband that I just ran into his truck. The sheets flew "You ran into it?!?!" "Yes" "Ok, ok let's look" At that point I started learning a new lesson in grace ... he was not mad, he did not get flustered, he even said "that's what we have insurance for" and "Shan, it's ok!" I hope I can react in the same merciful manner to accidents!

Then, I left for my bible study. I arrived back home around 7:00 a.m. and stepped out of my Surburban and fell ... completely on my booty and yelled out of pain and shock. Caleb heard the boom and came out to find his mother sitting on the concrete with scrapes from the car going up her back laughing/crying like a crazy person!

At what point do you just go back to bed? I mean it would be a safer place today if I was in bed! At what point?!?! Oh, that's right, I have an almost 2 year old ... we don't go back to bed! I think I will stick to playing dolls today... surely that is safe, right?!?! plus, my bottom and back don't hurt from the fall if I stay sitting ...

3 comments:

Kalen said...

Oh, Shannon! I am sorry. I think it must be some kind of natural law that one family member has to hit another family member's car at some point. Mark that one done!!! And you know I would say to go to bed--I love my bed! ;)

Christa Hagler said...

Oh, Shannon. I would be crying too! Hope the rest of your day got better.

Liz said...

I saw your blog in the blogroll on Terri Cassel's site & have been reading for a little while now. I'm just trying to figure out, though....how do I know you? I'm from Whitehouse & teach at Oak Tree Academy. Do either of those ring a bell to you? Oh...and by the way, my blog is here...just to be fair: http://journals.aol.com/lizreeves2/Ourgrowingfamily/