Monday, May 19, 2008

Time flies ...

We are getting excited and overwhelmed daily at my house. Where did the time go?
  • Josh's last day of kindergarten is today ... graduation is tomorrow morning. He will do a program (with memorized lines, a solo, and everything) and then walk across the stage for his diploma ... makes me get teary eyed just thinking of it!
  • Mexico is right around the corner! We are finishing up the planning stage and buying the supplies and still praying ... focus for this week is to pray for the translators. Specifically, that they are faithful to the times they are supposed to work, that they may be touched by God's message, and that we can create relationships with them and get to know them, too.
  • Caleb's last day of 2nd grade is Wednesday morning... did you hear that??? Somehow, in the blink of an eye, I have a third grader. Just watching and listening to him overwhelms me ... when did he grow up??? Where was I?? And why do all of the girls' parents in both boys' classes keep coming up to me and talking about the "crushes" their daughters have on my boys ... we don't like girls over here (except mommy and Kate and grandmothers and teachers)... please don't mess that up yet :)!!!
  • Kate does not stop ... ever! Yesterday, I heard her wake up from her nap and then, she appeared! Yep, she climbed out of her crib ... we all stared at her, shocked! She was quite proud of herself and giggled aloud at our amazement!
  • Caleb's team is going to the playoffs ... should be fun!
  • My precious friend, R, celebrated her birthday yesterday ... I cried and cried because her next one will be celebrated in Quito, Ecuador. I am so excited to see God's plan for her and her family as they work in the mission field, but I will miss her living down the street so much it just hurts!! Happy Bday sweet friend ... miles are not going to change your friendship for me :)!!

1 comment:

the bryans said...

Thank you Shannon - that's about all I can say right now from all of the TEARS! Love you all.