Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kindergarten Graduation

Josh graduated this morning from Kindergarten.
I had a good cry in the shower at 6 a.m. and thought "keep it together".
They did a play in the main auditorium on the big stage with microphones and everything and he had lots of lines which were said perfectly. He had an Old MacDonald solo which was precious. I cannot put into words how much I appreciate the influence of his teacher this year. She has encouraged him to honor God in every aspect of his life and it shows.
After graduation, hubby took Josh and I for a special brunch at a fancy place with no siblings!!!
I asked Josh as we left what he would miss the most about Kindergarten and he said without skipping a beat "Mrs. Morgan and Recess".

7 comments:

Liz said...

Shannon, please email me when you have a chance. I am a friend of several of yours and have been back to read your blog several times in the past week. Your family photo has me CONVINCED that I know you guys from somewhere....but I can't place WHERE! I'd love to chat briefly & see if we can figure out how I know you guys! Thanks!

Signed, some fruitloop lady in Whitehouse....
Liz Reeves
Lizreeves2@aol.com

Momg said...

Congratulations Josh! Thanks for Riley's jump rope :)~ have a great summer!

Kalen said...

Awwwww! Too cute. Congratulations Josh from the Mainords!

the bryans said...

HOORAY JOSHY! We are very proud of you and love you so, so much!

Stacey said...

Growing up too fast!! I too will be cryin' in the shower June 3rd with my little L graduating! Aaaaaa!!!
You should be proud...awesome year Josh!

terri said...

My little one graduated from Kindergarten today. I bawled the whole time. It's such a sweet moment and a big milestone.
Congratulations Josh!

Fun With Five said...

Way to go Josh! What a great first year of school you have had! We are so proud of you!