Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Pity Toes"

I will add a picture for this entry as soon as I have access again to my main computer and camera-downloading-stuff ... all located in my bedroom which has been taken over by my hubby with fever and well, I don't even want to be close to the idea of being sick ... so text only on the laptop but still read on ...
Last night Kate wanted her "Daaaaaaddy" and was committed to standing outside of our bedroom door calling for him for as long as we could take it. He was in bed very sick!! I needed more than a little distraction so the boys and I gave Kate her first pedicure ... well, we painted her toenails a beautiful pink! The boys wouldn't admit it, but they had a great time oohing and ahhing over her pretty toes and each held a foot while we painted. I have never seen her so proud ... she walked around looking down at her toes, smiling, mumbling, smiling some more ... I mean she thought this was the greatest.
This morning I woke Kate up to take the boys to school and I promise the very first thing she said was "pity toes" and pointed to her precious pink toenails. They were pretty and it was not a pity at all!!
I love you, Kate, that you can play soccer, scream, run, throw balls, etc. like your brothers but that you love to have pretty toenails like your mom!!! Here's to one day having a girls day and getting a real pedicure together.

1 comment:

Joeloise Ghrist said...

I bet her toes were absolutely pretty!! Such an adorable moment!! I love your family!! Seriously, you have such a wonderful relationship with your husband & 3 kids!! It's so great to see that...in fact, I pray that when we have kids, we can have a wonderful family like yours. Thanks for being such a great model of a loving family!!