Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Little Mozarts

The boys had their first piano lessons yesterday and loved it!! They have a daily assignment book and wanted to do the entire weeks homework in one night. I know that the excitement will wear off but I am so glad they are pumped up about it now. We all danced to "Mary had a Little Lamb" over and over last night ... yes, that and the C scale would be all we know so I am hoping for something new next week :-). Kate is quite pleased to join in on the "playing", too. Josh stretched his short fingers apart and said "Look I have nice long fingers for piano playing; I'll probably be like playing all the songs really fast!!" Caleb is progressing a little faster because of his age and his incredible music teacher at school who, according to the piano teacher, had taught him already what most kids took at least 4 lessons to learn ... way to go to our teacher, Mrs. Provines!! What do I love about this? I love seeing my children successfully grabbing a new challenge and committing themselves to accomplish it. Now, I will be sure to post the news when the excitement wears off and they haaaave to do piano homework!!

1 comment:

terri said...

I love your picture at the top - so cute. :)