Saturday, January 19, 2008

Monopoly ... dangerous stuff!!

Well, this time we started our game after Kate had gone to bed and taught the boys to play Bugopoly (exactly like the regular version just different bug properties). Josh and I were a team against Caleb and Chris. We told the boys that this game lasted forever so we would play about thirty minutes and then call it quits ... no winner/loser tonight! I have to tell you that Chris's family plays this and it gets tense ... I mean laughing, cheating, pouting at its worst between Chris, his brother, Sam (love you Sam if you're reading this) and his Dad (and I must include myself back in the day when I played with them, too)... they hide money under the board, make deals on the side, talk loudly ... lots of cheating and taunting (once someone even flipped the board in frustration)... anyway, you get the idea!! I had no idea that the intensity they had in this game was contagious or just a part of their DNA but within minutes of playing Josh "tossed" his rent money at Caleb while Caleb taunted him with "Welcome to my property" ... I looked at Chris and he covered his head with a blanket and peeked out and said "We've passed it on! Even kids fight during Monopoly!" We ended the game early as Josh tried to cross the table to clear out Caleb's money with a swipe of his hand and Caleb went running. I think we might back off game night for a while and just go outside and play catch instead ... we are more competitive than I thought. But I love to end a blog with what I loved about it ... I loved laughing with my husband as we watched the intensity grow and recognized ourselves in them; I love that the boys are competitive (not so excited about the aggressiveness, but oh well); I love that when the game was over the competition was over and we were all one big happy fam again; I love that they were all in bed at 8 pm on a Saturday night - yahoo!!

5 comments:

Marissa said...

You inspire me. I love to hear of all the fun you have as a family. I can't wait to experience this fun with our twins!

Anonymous said...

Shannon is the biggest cheater of the family. Don't be fooled.

Fun With Five said...

Now that is too funny, and Chris, don't you EVEN talk about cheating you spoon blocker! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for game nights!
You guys should form your own sports team and dominate.

Kthed said...

We CANNOT relate to be competitive when it comes to games... AT ALL... WHATSOEVER! :)