Monday, January 14, 2008

Loving my family

A glimpse into a night at the Glenneys ... we had a fire in the fireplace, got into our pajamas right after dinner, and prepared for game night. Sounds "Beaver-Cleaver-perfect", right?!? Well, 3 minutes into a game of I Spy 3D we had to stop to get Kate a pair of sunglasses so she would think she was playing, too (if not familiar with this game, you wear those funky 3D glasses to play), 5 minutes into the game Kate got put into bed for messing up the cards, 7 minutes into the game the boys began to argue over who found something first, and 9 minutes into our perfect Game Night we were ready to put everyone into bed!!! Instead, Chris and I sat back and started laughing ... you know that nervous-what-in-the-world-were-we-thinking-when-we-had-3-kids laugh. The kids began to laugh, then sing, then dance, and our Game Night turned into more of an American Idol night but we had fun ... it was so noisy I am sure neighbors could hear us but I loved it. I love that I can laugh with my kids; I love that they know they are "safe" to be silly and dance with us; I love that they have great "moves"; I love to see my husband dance and sing with my kids; I love that when we tucked them into bed tonight they were flushed from dancing and laughing so hard; I love that we created a memory tonight that might be passed onto my own grandchildren one day; I love my family! Here's to being silly!!

2 comments:

Fun With Five said...

Sounds like a great night! Next time give us a call and we'll join you!

Joeloise Ghrist said...

That sounds awesome!! I hope our family (when we have kids, of course) have wonderful moments like that!! Good times!!