Monday, March 17, 2008

Gus Glenney

Our sweet dog, Gus, who was going to turn 14 in two weeks passed away today. He had a stroke last Friday and did not get any better as we had hoped. The boys will greatly miss their backyard buddy and Kate has already gone to the backdoor looking for "Gu". For Chris and I ... this was our first "baby" and he has been a part of our college and then married life together. Gus loved his family like no other dog and will be greatly missed. I have always loved this picture of him giving Kate a "kiss". Love you, Gus!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good boy Gus will be sorely missed by the Glenney family.

the bryans said...

So many great memories with Gus! Our family will miss him, too.

Christa Hagler said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. We are so very excited about the trip and are looking forward to getting to know your family better. I will be calling you to get more info soon. Is there a good time to catch you? When is nap time at your house? So sorry to hear about Gus. Talk to you soon.

Kthed said...

I'm so sorry about Gus. I know The Bryans can feel your pain. You could always get another puppy for the kiddos!! :)

pmartin said...

Hi Shannon. I'm so sorry to hear about Gus.
I've enjoyed reading your blog. I found it through Mandi's blog. Just wanted to say hello.
Paige

Joeloise Ghrist said...

Oh this just breaks my heart! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! I dread the day when we will have to say goodbye to our pooches. We actually found a sweet med. size girl dog 2 weeks ago & are trying to find a good home for her. We just hate to take her to the humane society to be in a cage & not a loving home, you know? I know the H.S. is great, we're just sentimental fools for dogs. :) If you're interested, let me know. But if you need time to grieve the loss of Gus, I totally understand too. I'll say a little prayer for ya'll.