Monday, March 10, 2008

Baseball season is here!!

It's here ... time for lots of practices, later bedtimes, snowcones for Kate, and more! Our family has a love/hate relationship with baseball season. All of the practices (at least 2 per week per boy = minimum of 4 practices per week) send our night schedule into chaos. Our family meals turn into tacos or sandwiches eaten around 4:30 in the afternoon ... and we call it dinner. I love, though, watching our boys play, sitting with my Superman and Kate for over an hour just being together, and seeing my boys looking all cute in their "gear"!! Caleb plays 5 Pitch and Josh plays tball. I discovered years ago when the boys started sports that I am a yeller ... now, nothing negative ... but the cheerleader in me cannot keep quiet and I love cheering for the boys. I have even been known to come out of my seat with excitement and then I quickly look around and sit down as the other parents are calmly clapping. There is also a parent type out there that is tough ... I mean they yell and it would not be considered cheering! Sometimes I am overwhelmed with the desire to yell back "They are only 6 years old!!!!!" But I refrain and keep cheering. Enjoy our family theme song for the months of March, April, and May. We play this on the way to all of the games and practices to get psyched up!!!! Go Rangers (Josh) and Go Orioles (Caleb) and Go Kate (who spends a huge portion of her life at some kind of sporting field).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget about march madness and aggie baseball!

Kalen said...

This darn thing didn't leave my comment yesterday!

Someone left the volume on my computer at full blast, and yes. . . you know what's coming . .. the clapping at the beginning of your new song sent me out of my chair!! It sounded like rapid gunfire. She's hit!! She's hit!! Tacos and sandwiches for dinner--that's a fine feast at our house. I also did a small cheer for you with a herkey included. However, that does not seem to be a repeat event today!! : )