Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Exercise Update

Ok gals ... it's time! How are you doing???? I am on Day 10 and have run 2 miles every day so far. Running has been a time to ... think things out, pray, not chase any young-uns, turn my music up so loud that I can't hear anyone saying 'Mommy', sweat, push myself at times, memorize Scripture, not hear the phone ring, pretend I didn't see one boy push another boy into the basketball goal and claim it was not a foul, and most of all do something that I know honors God. I did try to start learning more Spanish with these DVDs I bought and I think I could get a taxi and a room at a hotel now ... I know, that is going to be so, so much help while we are teaching VBS in Spanish this summer- whew! If you haven't started exercising daily yet, I encourage you to carve out 30 minutes for your health. Post any words of wisdom you might have that we can use to keep each other going. What do I love about exercising? the feeling when I am done :)!!!

4 comments:

Kthed said...

Ok... you should be teaching an exercise class somewhere! You are so motivating! I have been sticking to my goal which is "moving" 5 days a week & "lifting" 2-3 x a week! So far, so good. I definitely agree that all it takes is 30 minutes!!! :) Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely encouraging! Exercising AND learning foreign languages at the same time. God BLESS you. ;-)

Love,
Becca

Marissa said...

You got it, babe! I am doing physical activity/exercise daily and am starting to change my diet. I realize I need to make a lifestyle change not just for me, but for my family. So....here's to wholesome natural fruit, veggies and flax! Thanks for the encouragement. Hugs....

Anonymous said...

I am down to fast food only on weekends. Thanks for the encouragement!