Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Surgery Complete!!

Our precious Josh had surgery this morning to remove a tumor growing into his cheek.  He was so excited and so sweet to all of the wonderful nurses, doctors and staff at Mother Frances.  We got up at 4 a.m. and he was ready!!  Here he is in Pre-Op.  He was so embarassed to take a picture because he only had on a gown and Spiderman underwear!
Here he is in Post-Op ... broke my heart to hear him trying to talk when he woke up ... he seemed so fragile and I just praised God that I have had healthy children.  I cannot imagine the weight carried by mothers of children with severe illness.
Here is our room ... he just looked so tiny in that big bed!  I crawled up with him because that bed was more comfortable than any other spot in the room and I just wanted to be really close to him (not that I could do anything medically to help him).  The tumor was easily and completely removed - done, finished, yippee!!
Here is his big high five (Dame tu Cinco, Bryans)!  He will have a swollen cheek for several days and look funny but will feel normal later today.  God is so good and so faithful.
to my precious Josh - May the Lord bless you and keep you; and may His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; may the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace!  We love you!!

3 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

So sorry Josh had to have surgery today! I had no idea - but I am thankful all went well. He looked so roughed up after the surgery, no fun. I think chocolate heals these kinds of things. I'm not a doctor, but I have done extensive research. Smooch!

Joeloise Ghrist said...

I had no idea either! Was the tumor cancerous?? How is he doing now?? Praise the Lord he's on the path to healing; God is good.


For the record, Lisa Johnson is one of the funniest women I've ever known and she makes my heart smile.

Momg said...

bless his heart, and yours Shannon. I know it is always much harder on the mom! I'm so glad that everything is good. God is good. I hope y'all can enjoy the rest of the summer now with that behind you. _