Saturday, April 25, 2009

Texas Day at Kids Kaleidoscope

Texas Day is one of the cutest, always hot, most fun day during preschool.  The kids are dressed up and they have tons of things to do like face painting, ride horses, gold mining, cooking by a "fire", etc.  Then the entire school performs some really cute cowboy songs.  I was excited for Kate to perform.  The night before she sang "I'm a Little Cowboy" loud and clear with all of the hand motions and even "galloped" away on her horse!  She woke up FIRED UP for her day to wear "piggy" tails and her pink boots!  We did have a blast; she rode a horse for the first time ever; sweet Stacey came to see Kate and Ellie perform even when she did not have kids there; she mined for gold, cooked by the pretend fire and more BUT she did NOT perform!  Not one word!  Not one hand motion!  Nothing but tears until that part was over ... then completely back to normal!  Oh well ... there is always next year!
Above is Ms. Teresa, Ellie and Kate
the Long Tall Texan
Kate on her first horse
I have no idea what she is eating that could be green!
Precious Ellie and Kate!
Check out those pink boots ... they blinked when she walked!  I know, that is awful, but I just HAD to have boots for Texas Day and did not have a fortune to spend on them :) so I sacrificed my fashion values and well, she blinked when she walked!  to my little cowgirl...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE the pink boots! I just wish my shoes had the "blinking while walking" feature.