Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sixteen years ago today ...

I know the picture is a little hard to see (I took a picture of a picture).  On this day, October 22, sixteen years ago my sweetie asked me out on our first date.  We went to a movie, The Last of the Mohicans, and had hamburgers at the Chicken Oil Company.  Then, he dropped me off at my dorm bright and early.  I loved him instantly but could never have guessed that night when I went in to tell my roommate about my date that he was going to take care of me for the next sixteen years like he has.  He is the father I dreamed of for my children but even more than that he is still my "knight in shining armor".  I have no idea why God has blessed me so with the gift of him but I am so so thankful for it.  Still making me laugh after all of these years ... I love you!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome 16 years. I love you very much!