Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Boys of Summer ...

The boys of summer decided to dress up (the blazers are at least 2 sizes too small) and fix their sister up at the same time. It was a rainy day and I had requested that they "pleeeeaaaase play with your sister for a little bit while I start dinner". They came out in what they called their "cool" clothes and asked if they could maybe take me out for dinner. I suggested that a nice tablecloth on the table at home would "fancy" our spaghetti up a little and they agreed. I love that right as my heart was feeling heavy at the thought of having a third grader, a first grader and my baby in preschool, they made me smile and laugh and enjoy them ... they allowed me to focus on them right at that moment and not on what is coming up next (school starting, sports starting, blinking and another year is gone). I am trying to enjoy these last few days of summer but am remembering that it is also exciting to see them grow and learn and experience life, too! To summer, to school, to my precious kiddos ... you guys looked great!

3 comments:

Liz said...

What school do your kiddos go to? Maybe that's it...maybe we've passed in the school line! I teach at Oak Tree...any chance your little lady will be there this Fall?

Marissa said...

What precious kiddos!! I love their creativity! This totally made my day.

Fun With Five said...

I love the outfits...and the kiddos in them. Precious moments! :)