Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kids Only Triathlon

Caleb finished his second triathlon yesterday. He swam 70 meters, biked 2 miles, and ran a half mile. He was awesome and had fun! He smiles through the entire event ... it is amazing for me to watch him do this. He pushes himself yet has fun the entire time. I get teary eyed as he completes each event and quickly transitions to the next and still stops to find us, make eye contact and even wave along the route. I think my heart almost pounds out of my chest as I feel anxious for him ... and he never even gets nervous!!
here is the swim ...
the bike...
the run!!
Caleb, you are amazing! God has gifted you with an athletic body and an amazing ability to persevere. Your theme verse sums up this triathlon.
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

You impress the heck outta me!!!

2 comments:

the bryans said...

Way to go Caleb! We love you and are very proud of you.

Joeloise Ghrist said...

Looks like he could be an Olympian or an Iron Man someday...so cool!!