Saturday, July 25, 2009

Swim, Bike, Run ... the boys' triathlon

We had fun cheering for Josh and Caleb in their triathlon this morning. They are learning that perseverance and a little sweat is worth it in the end! They swam 70 meters, biked 2 miles and ran a 1/2 mile. Tough but fun!
Josh running
Josh running again (I thought I had put Caleb in here ... oops)
Caleb on his bike
Josh on his bike
Caleb finishing the swim
Josh ready to start
Josh's transition station
Caleb's transition station
before the race
We love the Kids Only triathlon and the month we spend preparing for it as a family. We bike several times a week and run as a family. Many lessons about perseverance, endurance, discipline, fitness, laughing, sweating, etc. are worked through together ... what I love most of all is the joy of setting a goal and working hard and accomplishing that goal! to swimming, biking, and running ... way to go, boys!!

1 comment:

Joeloise Ghrist said...

Your family is the COOLEST family I have ever known!! I am 100% wholeheartedly serious when I say this! You never cease to amaze me at how innovative and tight you are as a unit. I adore the fact that you, as a whole family, trained the boys for this kid triathlon and showed them what it is like to set a goal & achieve it!!