Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Simply the Best (or so I thought)

Tina Turner could not say it any better : Simply the Best!!
I dropped my littlest one off at preschool (no tears, just a high five) and went and got a Spa Pedicure today! Now, I added the "spa" part because I went for the upgrade version. I turned on my new Iphone which might be the most awesome, cool, handy, wonderful gadget I have ever had (thanks to the hubby who surprised me with it last week) and blasted Tina on my way to the salon. What could be better about this? All kiddos taken care of for a couple of hours!! I admit that I had no idea what the upgrade meant and I must share/warn all of you about it. It's wax ... poured on your feet at a temperature that I could not believe left my feet without at least second degree burns. The wax (poured on as a liquid) hardened around my tootsies and supposedly they are softer, etc. from it but I still cannot get over the heat!!! Oh the heat!! I have never, repeat never, had something that hot on my body and not quickly removed it. No, I sat there and smiled and started sweating. It took approximately 10 - 15 minutes for the liquid (my foot was in a plastic bag) to solidify. Now, think about when a candle melts ... think how quickly the wax hardens as it drips down the candle ... not on my feet ... no there was nothing quick about this expensive torture method ... oh the heat. I kept thinking the wax had to be getting harder ... surely this had to be ending ... but on the outside I just smiled and sweated. Why do we do that? Why didn't I say "What are you doing?? Take that off of my feet NOW!" My hubby would have. But not me ... I didn't want to hurt the feelings of the precious woman who was so proud to be giving me this special "spa" pedicure. She had raved about the wax treatment for the first thirty minutes!! Oh the heat ... so let this be a warning ... pedicures, Iphones, kids at school, etc are indeed simply the best but do not, do not try to go overboard with an upgrade ... be happy with a pedicure ... plain and simple ... no upgrade, no "spa" treatment, no heat!!!! Say no to wax!!

3 comments:

Kalen said...

That is hilarious! Oh, what we do to ourselves in the name of Beauty. I say, "Be gone with her!!" :)

pmartin said...

Shannon..you make me laugh! I think the upgrading to a spa pedicure should mean more massaging! Not wax torture! I enjoy your blog! Paige

Kthed said...

I LOVE the hot wax on my feet!! It leaves them feeling so good! I get my Iphone this coming Tuesday!!! Maybe you can give me a tutorial on it! I can't WAIT!!! Here's to "pity toes" and cool gadgets that make our lives SO much better! :)